Whether looking to improve the knowledge and skills of its public employees or investing in the private sector, Medical Tourism Training offers a variety of training options to deliver the competitive advantage in international medical travel.
Training is available for all individuals and organizations engaged in welcoming and caring for medical tourists including:
- Hotels, spas and resorts
- Travel agents
- Facilitators and Patient Care Coordinators
- Healthcare service providers
- Government officials drawn from the Ministry/Department of Health, Tourism, Education, Economic Development, Transportation, Immigration and Customs
Integrating services between the public and private sectors as well as across governmental agencies is a challenge for countries, regions, cities and providers that want to success in medical tourism. Training programs based on international best business practices and experience can make the difference between economic growth or losing patients and tourists to your competitors.
Select the option that works best for you. Training programs are available in three formats:
- Online – self-guided study selected from a menu of available courses
- On-site – workshops and seminars covering a variety of topics
- Blended – a combination of online courses and virtual instruction via webinars and scheduled sessions with a member of our training team
Choose from a wide variety of topics including:
Training programs can be designed to meet the needs of your particular department or organization. Medical Tourism Training has the team to research, develop, produce, and host on-line and on-site programs with your logo and created per your specifications.
Learn how the Government of the Philippines included training in its project to ensure that private and public sector leaders worked together to market and brand the country as a medical travel destination.
Invest in your most valuable asset – your people. Contact us today to secure the training program that will deliver the results you want.
Don’t think you need to invest in your employees? Read the article in our Resources section, “What happens if you don’t train employees and they stay?” to discover how poorly trained employees hurt your organization.
Listen to the interview on The Medical Travel Show with Dr. How Kim Chuan, of Imperial Dental, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, selects his staff to deliver high quality care that is focused on customer service.